You said "yes," and as the day approaches, the preparations for your special day have begun. As a bride-to-be, you will soon be busy with dress shopping, showers, bachelorette parties, lunches, rehearsal dinners, and preparing every detail for your beautiful wedding day.
When you're the bride, all eyes are on you, so it's natural to want to look your best. As much as you wish that your glam squad was by your side 24x7, chances are you'll have to master at least some of your glam essentials on your own. The key to making it through your wedding season looking your best is to keep a personalized beauty essentials kit always by your side, so you can look and feel flawless throughout your bridal journey.
I wish I could travel back in time to tell my younger self to heed this advice on my own wedding day. As you can see from the photographic evidence, a sudden wind gust destroyed my carefully coifed hair and blew enough sand in my eyes to render me looking like a raccoon by the time I reached the nearest bathroom. While we laugh about this picture today, it was a lot less funny at the time – we had to postpone the rest of our pictures until I could get back to our wedding suite to find my makeup bag, hair essentials, and eye drops and put myself back together.
That awesome man I married is always up for an adventure, so in the years since that photo was taken, I've learned to be prepared for anything. These days, my PurseSee Vanity Case goes wherever I go. It contains everything I need to refresh my look wherever our journey takes us in life.
Choose your essential beauty kit wisely
Before you start thinking about what should go into your essential beauty kit, take the time to find the perfect organizer. Both you and your stuff will be photographed from every angle at every event, so you want your beauty kit to look as gorgeous as you do. An ideal bridal beauty bag should:
- Look more like a high-end purse that can easily accompany you to even the fanciest hotels and restaurants.
- Keep all your essentials organized and easily accessible.
- Have a sturdy strap for easy carrying.
- Keep your essentials upright to avoid spillage disasters.
- Fit full-size products, so you don't have to waste time and money purchasing travel-size products.
- Have dedicated space to keep your brushes organized and bristles straight.
- Separate space to keep your beauty pencils organized because we know that smudge will happen.
- Fit a large eyeshadow pallet to customize your look, depending on the occasion.
The PurseSee Classic Vanity Case is my top pick because it has it all. This workhorse of an organizer is built to hold everything you could ever need to look your best on every occasion. And because it's designed and constructed to the same quality standards as a high-end luxury handbag, it looks fantastic doing it.
The PurseSee Classic Vanity Case is built to last a lifetime, so if your mom or bestie is looking for the perfect special gift for your shower, drop the hint that this is one treasure you'd appreciate and use for years to come.
What to include in your essential wedding kit
Once you choose your perfect bag, start packing the essentials you'll want to have instantly accessible for all your upcoming bridal activities.
Cosmetics. In addition to your daily beauty essentials, make sure to include a few extra items that can help your skin overcome a night of too much fun or a sudden zit brought on by the jitters. You need to keep your skin in prime condition for your big day. Include a couple of face masks for a quick refresh, acne spot treatment in case your nerves get the best of you, and eye cream to reduce the look of dark circles and puffiness.
Makeup. With a myriad of wedding makeup styles to choose from, think about your theme first and carry that style throughout your wedding activities. Whether it's low-key, vintage, beachy, or glam, it's all about what makes you shine. Find some inspiration on IG or Pinterest, or schedule an appointment with a makeup artist. Once you are comfortable with your picks, pack them up and keep them with you through all your pre-wedding parties – and of course on the big day.
Hair. Throughout your wedding activities, you want to keep your hair in good condition and perfect style. Make sure to pack your favorite shampoo and conditioner, along with some good hair oil to keep your hair shiny. Choose a hairspray that can stand up to humidity, and hair-colored bobby pins and hair ties to tame your mane if the weather throws you a curveball.
My personal fav for haircare is Big Kizzy Hair. I have a complicated relationship with my hair, and Big Kizzy understands that. Below are some of the must-haves for beautiful wedding day hair.
- Use Thairapy Deep Conditioning “Booster” Oil for a couple of weeks before your big day to get your hair wedding day ready.
- If you are in a chemical hair love affair like I use CHEMICAL LOVE AFFAIR SHAMPOO and conditioner for a couple of weeks and notice the difference within a couple of washes.
- And lastly, get a hairspray that prevents the frizz. Chris Box, the owner of Big Kizzy Hair worked at the NY fashion show getting models runway ready for years, so he knows a thing or two about keeping hair runway sharp. Your wedding day is your runway, so you deserve to look every bit like a model. Fashion Week Flexible Hold Anti Frizz Dry Texturizing Hairspray is really the only spray you should ever consider for your big day.
Emergency supplies. Mishaps happen, so be sure to include emergency supplies in your bag. Makeup remover pads and eye drops are a must in case you get misty-eyed, and cotton swabs can clean up smudges in a wink. If you opt for fake lashes, don't forget your false-lash adhesive. Crazy glue, clear nail polish, safety pins, and double-sided tape have saved many dress debacles and should always have a place in your bridal bag. And lastly, don't forget to pack a toothbrush, mints, and floss for that flawless smile.
Let your beauty shine.
With your wedding essentials kit packed and ready, you'll know you have everything you could possibly need, so you'll be free to focus on having fun and celebrating your wedding with your beloved and your guests.
On the big day, ask your maid of honor keep track of your PurseSee Classic Vanity Case to make sure your essentials are at hand when you need them, so you can look glamorous and be worry-free for every amazing second of the first day of the rest of your life with the one you love.